1. The Property known as “Le Mas” is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr & Mrs Faulkes (the Owners) to the renter. (the Client)
2. To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it together with payment for the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation invoice. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see Clause 4) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit of £150.00 (or €200 if paying in Euros) for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (eg. additional cleaning) will be deducted from the deposit.
5. Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property, any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in each Property must not exceed ten (10) unless the Owner has given written permission.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in the rental, the Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
9. The Client agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbances to the residents of neighbouring properties.
10. The Client and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the Property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The Client shall not sub-let the Property.
11. The Client shall report to the Owners (or Owner’s agent) without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment. Such as plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden, swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made by the Owners or their Representatives as soon as possible.
12. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client: (a) For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Propertye or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In such event the Owners shall, within seven days of the notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
13. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
14. The use of accommodation and amenities where offered such as swimming pool etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the user’s or visitor’s belongings.
15. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
16. The bringing of pets on to the Property/Properties is forbidden except with the written permission of the Owners.
17. No camping is permitted on the Property/Properties grounds.
18. There is a no smoking policy within the house.
19. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has the authority of all members of his/her party to sign on their behalf, and that he/she and the others agree to be bound by these conditions.
20. This contract shall be governed by English Law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been compiled in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.